My name is Monrissa James. I have been actively involved in the construction and traffic control field since 2015. My knowledge and experience have brought me here to APAC, where I currently hold a position in Quality Control. In a nutshell, my job consists of ensuring the quality production of hot mix asphalt, plant and production material inspections, data collection and reporting, and upholding safety policies and procedures. What I love most about APAC is, we genuinely take care of our own. There is an engraved culture that values opportunity for developmental growth. These characteristics are what set this company apart from the rest. I have been here only a few months, and from the highest echelon down, I have never come across more professional, thoughtful individuals. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it” – Steve Jobs. I am blessed to say, I’ve found “it” in APAC. I am motivated to continue evolving with the finest international asphalt company there is.
My name is Willie Hanna, and I have been working for APAC-Atlantic for 26 years. I started out as a shovel man and moved my way up as a foreman and my career is still growing. I believe my skills are recognized and appreciated by all of management, and I’m always willing to learn and grow.
What makes APAC-Atlantic different than other companies is that APAC has a culture of working safely. APAC’s management works together and communicates well. Safety is the number one focus at this company, and that makes me feel confident about our work environment.
I describe my job at APAC as challenging and adventurous. Doing new jobs every day is like a puzzle ready to be solved.
Hello, my name is Dillon Nesmith and I have been working for APAC-Atlantic since February 1, 2016. When I first started, I was on a traffic control crew as a flagger and have worked my way up through many different positions while learning lots of new skills. There are several things I enjoy about my job here at APAC. One of the biggest being the guys I work with on a daily basis. Everyone works together to get the job done with quality in mind. Most days it doesn’t feel like work because the guys all treat each other like family and we all love working together.
Do I think my skills are recognized? Well considering the fact that I started at the bottom and in four short years I have moved up very fast through several different positions to where I am now… yes!
This company has taught me so much, not just about asphalt, but also responsibility for myself and the task at hand, and how to take pride in my work. With the Safety Culture we have here and the leadership from the office to the crew, there is enormous room to grow, not just on an individual level but also a company as a whole, and I look forward to growing along with APAC and see where we can go!
1. How long have you been working in your field, or at APAC-Atlantic? – 5 years
2. What makes APAC different than other companies you have worked for? – Commitment to safety
3. What do you enjoy about your job? – I enjoy my co-workers I work with on a daily basis and the new people I meet. I’m thankful for the training I have received to help me get to the point I’m at now. I knew nothing about asphalt when I first started.
4. How does safety measure up at APAC vs. other jobs you have held? Its definitely the priority and we preach it everyday.
5. Do you think your skills are recognized? Do you think there is room to grow? – Yes and Yes. Yes!! I take pride in all the work I do. And yes I’ve already seen it happen.
6. How would you describe your job, APAC or what you do each day to a friend or family member? – Make sure quality of mix is good. I’ve had 2 close friends of mine I helped to get a job, because I felt this was a good company all around and that are there for you.