47 Telfair Place
Savannah, GA 31415
4140 Ogeechee Rd B
Savannah, GA 31415
158 Leroy Coffer Hwy
Midway, GA 31320
18 Industrial Park Rd.
Hardeeville, SC 29927
My name is Monrissa James. I have been actively involved in the construction and traffic control field since 2015. My knowledge and experience have brought me here to APAC, where I currently hold a position in Quality Control. In a nutshell, my job consists of ensuring the quality production of hot mix asphalt, plant and production material inspections, data collection and reporting, and upholding safety policies and procedures. What I love most about APAC is, we genuinely take care of our own. There is an engraved culture that values opportunity for developmental growth. These characteristics are what set this company apart from the rest. I have been here only a few months, and from the highest echelon down, I have never come across more professional, thoughtful individuals. “The only way to do great work is to love what you do. If you haven’t found it yet, keep looking. Don’t settle. As with all matters of the heart, you’ll know when you find it” – Steve Jobs. I am blessed to say, I’ve found “it” in APAC. I am motivated to continue evolving with the finest international asphalt company there is.
My name is Willie Hanna, and I have been working for APAC-Atlantic for 26 years. I started out as a shovel man and moved my way up as a foreman and my career is still growing. I believe my skills are recognized and appreciated by all of management, and I’m always willing to learn and grow.
What makes APAC-Atlantic different than other companies is that APAC has a culture of working safely. APAC’s management works together and communicates well. Safety is the number one focus at this company, and that makes me feel confident about our work environment.
I describe my job at APAC as challenging and adventurous. Doing new jobs every day is like a puzzle ready to be solved.
I absolutely believe my skills are recognized, I also see other peoples skills being recognized. I truly believe APAC is a company where anyone can work hard and be successful. I am pushing myself to be the best I can be, and APAC helps with that process by appreciating and rewarding my hard work. I believe I am paving a path for myself with hard work and dedication to move up in the company.
1. How long have you been working in your field, or at APAC-Atlantic? – 5 years
2. What makes APAC different than other companies you have worked for? – Commitment to safety
3. What do you enjoy about your job? – I enjoy my co-workers I work with on a daily basis and the new people I meet. I’m thankful for the training I have received to help me get to the point I’m at now. I knew nothing about asphalt when I first started.
4. How does safety measure up at APAC vs. other jobs you have held? Its definitely the priority and we preach it everyday.
5. Do you think your skills are recognized? Do you think there is room to grow? – Yes and Yes. Yes!! I take pride in all the work I do. And yes I’ve already seen it happen.
6. How would you describe your job, APAC or what you do each day to a friend or family member? – Make sure quality of mix is good. I’ve had 2 close friends of mine I helped to get a job, because I felt this was a good company all around and that are there for you.